Saturday, January 3, 2009

Neversink Mountain - North (Winter)



This was my second visit to the North side of Neversink Mountain Preserve. My last hike was in Sept. and a few things had changed. Mainly, the Pagoda was now scaffolding-free and there are no leaves and it's a lot colder.

It was a crisp, clear and sunny 33 degree day. Frankly, the nicest day for walking and taking pictures in a long time.

Max and I re-traced our previous hike, parking on the shoulder of Neversink road and then walking to the Cingular (now AT&T) phone tower, switch backed to the power line road until the "overlook" and "witches hat".

While taking pictures at the overlook, four friendly and fit young people passed us (pictured). I am always pleased to see and meet the "next generation" of nature enthusiasts on the trails for I feel their awareness and appreciation of the outdoors will help ensure its conservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment