Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Backyards


I believe a common misconception is that we need to travel somewhere to find good subjects and take good pictures. I even suspect that some people only break out their cameras for vacations. Vacation spots are fun and usually provide easy and fresh subject matter, but a lot of great images are probably within a 15 minutes walk/drive from our houses.

I too am guilty of neglecting my immediate surroundings in the backyard and neighborhood, but the holidays' are a good time to reflect and take notice to the little things around us. My yard offers almost daily deer, squirrels, rabbits, numerous songbirds as well as a variety of wildflower and tree species. The sunset tonight was another reminder that you only need to travel as far as your deck for a memorable image.

No comments:

Post a Comment