Saturday, February 7, 2009

Philadelphia (Boat Houses and City at Night)


As darkness settled in, we needed to warm up and nourish before heading out for some night scenes. We split a couple of delicious brick oven pizzas at the Illuminare restaraunt just up the hill from the museum on Fairmont Ave.

I rarely shoot at night so I was anxious to try my luck. I didn't bring a tripod so I'd have to improvise for most of my shots. We did share his tripod for a few shots, but I found adequate flat surfaces to rest the camera for the half-second to 2-second time exposures.

So I didn't create camera shake, I used the self-timer to release the shutter. It is nearly impossible (when mounted on a tripod or other flat surface) to push the shutter release button on a time exposure without camera shake.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete