Friday, August 7, 2009

Birdsboro Reservoir (Afternoon Photo Walk)



Max and I spent a warm and sunny afternoon walking to the Birdsboro Reservoir. A few cars were parked at the SR82 dead end, which was more then I expected. Usually afternoons are really quiet.

Blue skies and puffy white clouds made picturesque landscapes. A steady breeze left ripples on the reservoir for dramatic reflections.

The shoulder along old SR82 was uneventful for most of the habitat and food for insects was mowed down last month. One Yellow Swallowtail butterfly was around, but not the dozens I expected. I only saw a couple milkweed plants too, not nearly the numbers that I remember. It will surely grow back, but might take a year or two.

I still enjoyed the outing even though the macro-world was lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment